At 04:52 PM 11/19/04 -0600, you wrote:
Here is part TWO and this will cover how to get the Mr.Scanner export files organized into our database.
THESE STEPS ARE BASICALLY FOR WHAT TO DO WITH THE FILE ONCE YOU HAVE IT EXPORTED OUT OF THE MR SCANNER CD'S.
If you need more, then let me know some specifics and I'll be happy to give you the answers.
======HERE ARE SOME BASIC INSTRUCTIONS USING MR.SCANNER
1 - Once you have saved the export file from Mr.Scsnner for your area.
Go to wherever you saved the file and open it up in Scancat.
OR (preferred method)
Copy the file you exported to this folder / directory
2. Start up Scancat-Lite-Plus and click on "PROGRAM RADIO"
3. At the DATABASE's top menu bar pick
LOAD SOURCE FILE
Nat-Comm (txt)frequency files
4. Choose the file you exported
The part about how to copy the ones in the top to the bottom is covered in the PDF manual on your disk. It can also be read from within the HELP file.
5. Click anywhere on the "line" where a frequency record is. You will see that line reverse highlighted. The highlight indicates that record in the source file is "selected". You will also see a yellow floating tag. It indicates the number of records selected and how many there are in the top database.
6. Each time you click on a record it is toggled back and forth between selected and NotSelected. So once you have several picked
a. Click on the Bottom Database at the location where you
want to start the "paste" operation
b. Click on the TOP MENU "Edit" and then pick
"Paste Highlighted Frequencies"
c. Then once "pasted" it will look like this.
Whatever bank is Active is the bank where the frequencies are pasted.
Notice the cursor has moved to #5 and that sets it up for the NEXT paste, and so on until you have them all transferred to the chosen bank(s)
Computer Aided Technologies
- http://www.scancat.com -
Order Toll Free or Order On Line
(USA Orders Only ) 1-888-722-6228
(NON USA Orders ) 1-318-687-4444
(Tech Support ) 1-318-687-2555
( Fax Line ) 1-318-686-0449