There are TWO ways to get the RSD files into Scancat
- FIRST METHOD - (FOR VERSIONS 1.3.1 OR LATER)
There should be a shortcut ICON on your desktop to the "RSD Database files"
If you cannot find it
- RIGHT Click on START
- Choose "Explore"
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (and then)
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Scancat-Lite-Plus
- Click on folder "RSD_Database File"
- find "mainindex.html"
and RIGHT click on it
- Choose "Create Shortcut"
- RIGHT Click on the created shortcut
- Go to your desktop and RIGHT CLICK on n empty spot with no icons
- Choose "Copy Shortcut
Now you can browse to find RSD files by STATE and COUNTY
- SECOND METHOD (FOR VERSIONS 1.3.1 OR LATER)
- Start Scancat-Lite
- Go to "Program Radio"
- Click On FILES > Load Personal Database
- Navigate to the folder "RSD Database Files"
Choose the RSD file. The Filename naming convention is
COUNTY Name (up to 6 characters)
STATE (standard two letter state)
EXAMPLE (miamioh.rsd) would be Miami county in Ohio
EXAMPLE (montgoh.rsd) would be Montgomery county in Ohio
CLICK on a file and it will load into SCL - already set up to send to the radio
Our MAIN FAQ is at this web address
IF you want to merge more than one file into a Master file... Read all these FAQ's as they detail how to do all that - including explanations for how to use cut/copy/paste etc.
CUT AND PASTE WITHIN SCANCAT-LITE
Computer Aided Technologies
- http://www.scancat.com -
Order Toll Free or Order On Line
(USA Orders Only ) 1-888-722-6228
(NON USA Orders ) 1-318-687-4444
(Tech Support ) 1-318-687-2555
( Fax Line ) 1-318-686-0449