ALL of the Radio Shack scanners With only a few exceptions use "cloning", so there is NO method of simply 'adding' a frequency or two unless you do it "manually". You MUST add them to the same "mirrored" database you have on the PC and then send the entire thing back to the scanner. Otherwise empties in the database erase that spot in the radio.
ONE way would be to READ the radio each time you want to add a couple, then once the database shows the radio's programming, just add them to that one, and send it back to the radio.
As to a "simple step by step instruction", first take a look at this FAQ on our WebSite.
and THIS one is a 5-6 part step by step on using the Frequency CD's
There are lots of others, so look there first and then you can always contact us for specific things you need to find out.
I did get the scan lite package deal in the mail yesterday but I have a question now. Is there a way to load certain freq. into my scanner by picking and choosing the ones that I want and down loading them from my computer to the scanner with the cable that Radio Shack made me buy or do I have to loan the freq. by hand? Do you have a simple step by step direction page for my Radio Shack Pro 2096? I tried to write down everything that your phone system said but he talks way to fast for me to write it down so I missed a LOT and just gave up. Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated, THANK YOU.
Jim Springer <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
- We only have the "software" for programming your radio from a Windows
- PC, and do not sell "Local Frequency lists". Our Scancat-Lite-Plus
- supports the PRO-2096. More information is at this link:
- However We DO retail This company's Frequency CD, and some basic
- information is at this URL. This CD has all the frequencies for the
- entire USA, but you will need a computer to use the CD.
- We sell a package with the software AND the frequency CD at this URL
- Best regards
- Jim Springer
- >I just bought this radio shack scanner and the salesman told me that
- >i could go on line to down load the greq. that I wanted. He gave me
- >your web site but I have no idea how to down load the information
- >that I need. I know that I will have to pay for it, can you please
- >let me know as soon as possible what I need to do and which download
- >I need to buy? Thank you.
- Computer Aided Technologies
- - http://www.scancat.com -
- Order Toll Free or Order On Line
- (USA Orders Only ) 1-888-722-6228
- (NON USA Orders ) 1-318-687-4444
- (Tech Support ) 1-318-687-2555
- ( Fax Line ) 1-318-686-0449
Computer Aided Technologies
- http://www.scancat.com -
Order Toll Free or Order On Line
(USA Orders Only ) 1-888-722-6228
(NON USA Orders ) 1-318-687-4444
(Tech Support ) 1-318-687-2555
( Fax Line ) 1-318-686-0449