is a' Google Search for "Picclip32.ocx Missing" - there are over
4900 results for this search,
so you can see it is becoming a pervasive problem
This is the link to the PICCLP32.OCX that we have uploaded to our support site.
SOMETIMES, Instead of downloading the file, your browser will try to display it on the screen in text (gibberish)....
So if the file ends up on your screen as gibberish, download THIS one INSTEAD
Then rename the file to it's original name ... without the ZIP extension.
Vista doesn't like you to access the C:\Windows\System32 folder (Has to do with their new Admin Privileges stuff), so if you save it there and it won't register, try moving it to "My Documents",
or create a folder specifically for the file, and then see if it will register. Vista is becoming a real PITA.
This is the location for a utility that will register the "missing ocx".
How to register the OCX file
* Check if the file exists on your PC:
* From the Windows Start menu, choose Search and look for the file picclp32.ocx
* If found, check the properties:
* Right-click and choose Properties then select the Version tab
It should be version 184.108.40.206 or later
* If the file is not found, or you have an earlier version, copy the file
to your System folder. This varies according to your operating system,
but should be something like C:\WINDOWS\system32
* Register the OCX file:
* From the Windows Start Menu, choose Run and enter
(or the appropriate path to the file)
and choose OK.