I'm not clear what you mean by "RS-232 FEED"
The BCD996P2 uses a standard "USB cable" -However the unit requires
a "Special Driver" to function with a computer. This driver is supposed
to turn the "connection" into a "comport" when it is plugged into the
computer (and) radio.
The "SERIAL" electronics USED TO BE in the cable, but now Uniden has
included them on the "board" inside the radio, but they all work the same.
As part of the Drivers installation
The driver installs a "comm port" as a second part of the "installation", and
unless the cable is plugged into the BCD996P2 _and_ the radio is turned on
then the computer cannot "see" the radio, and neither can our (or any other) software ..... so it will not assign a commport to it
(when the radio is plugged in)
You are not the first one to complain about things not 'connecting"
And there are several FAQ's on our website dealing with our emails
with other customers regarding how to get things working for both the
BCD996P2 and the Handheld BCD325P2
Here are a couple of "Direct" links to FAQ's we have on our website
You can also search our Complete FAQ at www.scancat.com/faq
This is a link to Uniden's site,
and in the lower part of their page should be
a link to their drivers for the new BCD996P2
I'm back in the office, so when you have a moment you can call me at
1-888-722-6228 (toll free) until 3pm central time
I have a RS-232 FEED USB for BCD996P2
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:24 AM, FLOYD wrote:
- I have been up all night trying to figure this out. I hope this works.
- I ordered from you about a week ago for the scancat lite plus.
- please give me a call I did watch the videos on utube however its not working.
- On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:20 AM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
- Also make sure cable is connected to both computer and radio
- Might try different USB socket
- Sent from my android device.
- -----Original Message-----
- From: FLOYD
- To: email@example.com
- Sent: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 9:55 AM
- Subject: "cannot detect any comports on this computer"
- Â I have down loaded and uninstalled the usb cable driver several times. All of my comports work just fine. I have the BCD996P2 UNIDEN SCANNER. If you know of another driver to install for the
- usbÂ I have could you copy and paste the link to me. Â
Jim Springer <(©¿©)>